Friday 24 January 2014

ATC card

Here's my first post on the new look Sarah Hurley365 blog which features daily posts from the Design Team to inspire and encourage. I made my first post today which I've put here too.

I've been going through a dry spell recently (think my mojo's still on Christmas leave!) so I turned to Sarah's A Few of my Favourite Things kits for inspiration as there's always something new that catches my eye!

Not long after I started making cards, I came across ATCs and was hooked-have been ever since,as anyone who's visited my blog before will know!
Artist Trading Cards are 2.5 by 3.5 inches and are a brilliant way to experiment and use up odd bits of card. Traditionally they're swapped(but never sold) and there are loads of forums around for people who want to swap with others. I've received some fabulous ATCs in the past and my collection is an inspiration in itself.




I stamped the background crosses in gold using Sarah's stamp from one of the kits and the embellishments are from one of the Snip 'n' Stick sheets(I'm a big fan of these!). When I'd finished I decided to use my ATC to embellish a card, another great use for ATCs and with all the goodies in Sarah's kit you can build up quite a stash of ATC toppers!


The finished card looks like this.

This is my first post for a long time. My mojo seems to be coming back bit by bit so I'm hoping to get up to speed and back on track soon.I'm thinking of posting my crochet here too so watch this space!

1 comment:

  1. Great atc card . I think a lot of people have lost there mojo at the moment , must be the cold weather .
    Glad yours is returning

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment-I really appreciate it!