Tuesday 3 June 2014

Stationery-or feeding my addiction!

It's my turn to blog over at Sarah Hurley365 today and I need to get something off my chest!

I'm a stationery-holic. There I said it! I love stationery sets, can't get enough of them and am a huge fan of snail mail. I write a lot of letters and belong to a group called Postcircle dedicated to writing just because! It was started by Anna aka Miss_Beatrix and once you sign up, you get assigned to a group of five or six other people and off you go! I'm a member of two groups, Rabbit and Stoat and really enjoy it. It's a great community too, both on Instagram and Twitter.

We all know how nice it is to get a letter on the mat that isn't a bill, especially if the envelope looks all pretty!  Well I was about to start a letter to a friend who likes sewing but couldn't find any sewing themed paper in my stash.



Then it occurred to me that I could make my own! Me and Craft Artist don't get on so I tend to avoid digital crafting and print/cut things out instead.But- I bit the bullet and gave it a go.

I used Sarah's All Sewn Up digikit and printed out some sheets of paper in various sizes and a couple of envelopes and I have to say that me and Craft Artist seemed to get along quite well together for once!



This has opened up a whole new world to me and I'm looking forward to a) doing some more digi-crafting with Sarah's kits and b) making tons more stationery!

I urge everyone to pick up a pen and write some letters - just because! And if you enjoy it and want to get involved, follow the link to Miss_Beatrix and sign up!

7 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Fab fab stationery!
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of getting lovely snail mail, it happens all too rarely these days.

    Your stationery is super.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm addicted to stationery too, and have a couple of penpals. This set is lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Sharon, great idea.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd be delighted to receive a letter wrote on your fab stationary

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is just something special about getting a handwritten card or letter - when i deal with the mail I always open that mail first!!

    Fab notecards and great that you have been able to make them so personal to the recepient

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment-I really appreciate it!