Friday 30 March 2012

Matchbox Shrine

I've recently taken part in a matchbox shrine swap over on UKScrappers. Oh my!If I'd realised how hard it would be I would've thought twice! I can't tell you how many matchboxes I went through trying to get it made-nothing turned out the way I wanted! I ended up using the simplest idea just because it was the only one I could get to work!
 The person I was swapping with chose flowers for a theme. I covered the outside of the matchbox with patterned paper and made a flower to decorate it with. Then I added some ribbon to hang it with.


 I painted the drawer with gold acrylic paint and added a brad as a handle.


 Then I stamped a daisy stamp on both sides of a piece of paper. On one side I added quotes I'd found about flowers.


 On the back I added some Glosst Accents to highlight some of the flowers.




I had planned to put some flowers in the matchbox but they wouldn't fit so I put them in a little gift bag instead 


.
I'm just waiting to see if the swapee likes it-fingers crossed!

10 comments:

  1. Aww this is gorgeous! So pretty and delicate - am sure your swappee will love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to confess that I don't really get shrines but that is incredibly pretty, love your daisy stamping and the handmade flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am sure your swapee will love this beautiful matchbox crafting. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. its very pretty :) and will be loved i am sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous colours and I love the little concertina mini book in there - a great idea. I know what you mean about going through load of matchboxes - it's a matchbox graveyard in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure the recipient will absolutely adore what you've made - its gorgeous and worth all the effort!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty, love the flowers, I have that die but my flowers never turn out as nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is beautiful Monica...so much attention to detail, I am sure your swappee loved it, I know I would :)

    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  9. what did you make the flowers with I would love to make some of these flowers did you have a die or a punch I want toi buy the die from Tim Holts ,,,I will one day..... Thank you MaryR

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment-I really appreciate it!