Saturday 25 August 2012

ATCs-Fly High

This month's theme for the ATC swap over on UK Stampers is 1 2 3. I'd just got my hands on a brilliant set of stamps and couldn't resist using the air balloon. I painted the background with Cosmic Shimmer paint then inked over some sequin waste to make the circles. The air balloons were stamped on the ATC and the balloons stamped again on old map paper then cut out and stuck down. The words were highlighted with Glossy Accents.
Really enjoyed making these because I love the balloon stamp and I always enjoy sloshing paint around!


The set


I'm entering these in the Happy Daze Circling the World challenge. Please come along and join in!

15 comments:

  1. Great design xx i love the stamp xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely ATC, Thank you for uploading it to the Happy Daze challenge this month. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are lovely hun, love the balloons and great colors xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these Sharon, the hot air balloons are fab :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool stamp - and I love the sequin waste background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to go up in a balloon but the second best thing is looking at your card.Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are fab, love the hot air balloons & background. Reminds me of bubble wrap. Very effective.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This design has movement in it - sounds all TV-speak but stamping over the edge has achieved this affect. It's great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely designed ATC. I love the blue of the sky against the hot air balloons. I really love ATC's and these are great examples :-)

    Hugs Lisa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Smashing ATC, thank you for playing along with us at Happy Daze, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab ATCs, love the balloons, I just got some wooden kaisercraft balloons that would look perfect on an ATC
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these, great idea to use a map for the balloons! Very inspiring. Thanks so much for joining in with us at Happy Daze and good luck in the draw, Sam xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment-I really appreciate it!