Monday 22 October 2012

ATCs-Queen of her World

This month's ATC swap on UK Stampers is about texture. I couldn't decide what to do until I read this month's Craft Stamper. There's a great piece on creating texture by coating two pieces of card with gesso,sticking together and pulling apart. So that's what I did. Except I didn't have as much gesso left as I thought so the effect isn't as stand out as it should have been!



After it dried I sprayed it with glimmer mists before stamping a background text and adding the image and wording.


I really enjoyed this technique and will definitely be giving it another go-once I've restocked my gesso!
I'm posting a link to Handmade Monday-please pop along and join in this supportive crafting community.



18 comments:

  1. Beautiful love the colours and design. Caroline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea for texture - very simple but I imagine very effective. I love the feel of nostalgia in your atc - reminds me of my childhood. Little girls are definitely queens of their world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colours and gorgeous design as ever. I love the pink words, they stand out really well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The background is great and I love the textures you have incorporated. Like the sound of sticking two pieces of card together, pulling apart and getting a different texture. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh I love it, the background is fab x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! It's cute with an edge, really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks great, love the bright pink and blue, they really stand out on the background. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. ATCs are such a learning ground and source of inspiration - I should be joining a swap! I know but haven't done it. These are lovely examples, Sharon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love the vintage feel you have given this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great set of ATCs, what a sweet stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooo they look great, really textured.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think this looks really fun and I love the colours you've used.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your ATCs and art journalling Monica.*Ü* Very colourful and creative. Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog. TFS. ~Glen~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just lovely! Your ATCs are always fab!
    Sue x
    BTW I came across this bolg today on WOYWW http://materialmedia.blogspot.co.uk/ Thought it was you!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Sharon, I love your work so much. You are such a unique artist. Your style is amazing. So proud to be a teamie with you.
    Manderly
    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment-I really appreciate it!